Hours of Darkness 2012
18. Clock Rules: The complete section Q of the RPRA rules shall apply inclusive.
18.1 Clocks must be set for competition on the day prior to the planned liberation. In the event of a clock needing to be re-set the clock officer must indicate this on the dial. Clocks must be presented for checking against the same master to which it was set on the same day the birds are timed.
19. Clock Stations: No clock station or clock official willing to fulfil the duties of clock officer, shall be permitted in any locality unless approved by the committee of the MNFC or such person appointed by the committee.
Club marking and clock rules are the responsibility of the Committee.
20. Hours of Darkness: The committee will decide on relevant hours of darkness for each race once the specific programme has been agreed. The hours of darkness will be printed on each race entry form.
Instructions for Clock Setting:
FOR ALL RACES CONVENTIONAL CLOCKS WILL BE SET FRIDAY
Please help your Clock Officer
REMEMBER YOUR ‘CLOCK STATION NUMBER’. SEE LIST BELOW.
PLEASE INCLUDE IT ON ALL RACE ENTRY SHEETS.
LET YOUR CLOCK OFFICER KNOW IF YOU ARE USING HIS CLOCK STATION LIST
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR ‘E.T.S’ USERS:
1. ‘ETS’ USERS MUST ONLY USE THE ‘ETS’ CLOCK STATION THEY NOMINATED ON THEIR RACE ENTRY SHEET.
2. AFTER MARKING ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR CLOCK OFFICER TO NOTIFY HIM/HER THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN THEIR CLOCK STATION FOR YOUR POST RACE PRINTOUT.
3. AFTER THE RACE YOU MUST ALSO KEEP YOUR CLOCK OFFICER INFORMED OF YOUR INTENTIONS. ESPECIALLY HE NEEDS TO KNOW IF HAVE DECIDED NOT TO TAKE YOUR CLOCK IN FOR ANY REASON. ALL MEMBERS USING ‘ETS’ FACILITIES MUST PAY THE £1 FEE TO THEIR CLOCK OFFICER (THE SAME AS CONVENTIONAL CLOCK USERS).
Your clock must be delivered to the clock station, locked and sealed by the club in which you use the clock during the season. After the race arrivals have been checked the clock will be resealed. This conforms to the Rules of the R.P.R.A. You must supply your own dials and rolls. If you intend using a clock that has not been tested and approved in the current season you must write to the MNFC Race Secretary one month before the race. Arrangements will be made to test your clock in accordance with R.P.R.A. rules.
DO NOT FORGET TO VERIFY YOUR FIRST ARRIVAL
. See Page ‘XX’. FOR DETAILS OF CLOCK RULE 27 – VERIFICATION
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION